Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Car Seat News and other stuff

We stopped by a nearby fire station yesterday with the free infant car seat in the back seat and had them look at it. There were no recalls involving that product, and the firemen said it fit nice and snug and seemed to be a good model. I sent an email last Saturday to the manufacturers to see if they could send us an instruction manual (they have downloadable manuals on their website for their current models) and asking them if there were any recalls or product problems. I'm still waiting to hear back. So things are looking good!

We can add a high chair to the list of items we've received (or are about to receive) from friends and acquaintences. Also, we just received a box from my Aunt Jackie "returning" some toys which had once been mine, and which we gave to her for her children a good 18 years ago. I recognized a few of them before I read her card--there was a stuffed dinosaur hatching out of an egg which I thought I remembered getting from a school fundraiser or something. Then I pulled a set of stacking rings out of the box and I can remember getting a letter from Jackie years ago which thanked me for the rings, and I just started laughing. Her card confirmed that the toys had once been mine.

I've still been tired most of the time. The first trimester is almost over, and I'm hoping my energy will come back soon. There are a lot of things to do, and it's hard to get them done when I come home from work and collapse in my recliner.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Making this blog is a great way to share all your news with all of us. It was cool to see Eileen and me wearing the T-shirt. You'll have to save it for the next generation! The videos are wonderful. Swish, swish, swish goes the baby! Love ya. Mom

Anonymous said...

And I will chime in to agree; thanks for blogging, my dears.
I recall clearly the moment I first saw Susan wearing her Under Construction tee shirt...it was September 1980 and Jim and she had just arrived at Rehoboth Beach, DE to visit me at the beach house. Remember, Sue? Remember, Eileen?
(Aunt) Catherine

Anonymous said...

Hey you THREE,
Thank you for including me in the good news. Eileen, you're the first of Cora's friends to enter the parent field - I guess you could count Cora's egg donations, but that's anonymous. Congratulations a million times over. When you decide on nursery colors please let me know. I'm working on a blanket for a friend due in June, then a classmate is due in September, so adding yours will keep me in knit/crochet projects until next winter! I know you and Dean will be wonderful parents, enjoy this experience.
Fran Wells

Sue said...

It would be REALLY cool if Eileen remembers it! But I definitely remember wearing the T-shirt to Rehoboth. Labor Day weekend. How fitting! I also remember getting knocked over by a wave and thinking "Oh, no. The baby." and then "Oh, no. My contacts!"

Anonymous said...

swish

Ward said...

Eileen,
My parents used to have a high-seat that was about 300 years old when I used it, so it's about 400 years old now. Back in my day, we walked 5 miles to school (uphill both ways), the income tax rate was 94%, and high-seats were only two feet tall.

Congratulations, by the way. You guys will be great parents. :)
-Ward