Thursday, August 23, 2012

Where Mickey Lives, Day 4: Magic Kingdom again!

We thought Magic Kingdom would be the best place to visit twice, so back we went again for another day.  This time, we paused on our way in to get a picture by Disney World's greatest landmark

After the very first ride of the day, Pirates of the Caribbean, Robin's hat was missing.  So off Dean and I ran to the lost and found while everyone else watched the Tiki Room.  On the plus side, Dean and I caught a parade on our way back

Then we took a Magic Carpet Ride

.

The following videos are from our ride on Splash Mountain.  Robin was just barely tall enough.  He was enthused about the ride while watching it from afar, he liked the first little hill, and he enjoyed the ride past all the characters.  However, when I took this first video (going down the major hill) he closed his eyes and clung to me--which you'll see in the second video, which was of a much smaller hill at the very end.
When I realized there was one more hill, I wanted to get a video of Robin riding on it


After Splash Mountain, Robin got to meet Jessie from Toy Story.  Woody was out too, but he had to go untangle Slinky Dog right before we got to him.  Bugger.  Robin was far more comfortable this time around, and didn't need our support as much.

Robin absolutely loved the barrel bridge on Tom Sawyer's island.  He went on this over...and over...and over again

Liam really liked it, too.  He wasn't walking independently yet, but he loved holding my hands and walking across.  I guess the only footage of that must be on Dean's camera, which I have not raided.

Liam liked the cannons in the Fort, and then taught his brother how they work

Getting ready for Robin's first roller coaster ride

He clung to Dean with his head down through most of it--just like on Splash Mountain.

Whee!

My boys on a ferry boat

Robin got bored with looking at the sights after a while.  He informed me that he wanted to run around and do silly things, and he wanted me to take pictures :)

Heading up to our final ride of the day:  the train.  We called it quits much earlier on day 2 of the Magic Kingdom.

*sigh*  Goodbye Magic Kingdom.  No other park is quite as magical a you are

No comments: