In mid February, Liam and I drove up to Fort Collins to see my friend and her new baby. I like the expressions on both of their faces here. Liam's thinking "What's this thing? I'm not sure I like it." and the baby is thinking "Someone else is touching me, but all I want is my dinner and to go back to sleep. Urg."
One of the four of us
A trip to the zoo with Dada. This crane tried to peck at our fingers through the glass
That's one big catfish
Liam's not sure what to think of the big dragon (plus he was quite tired)
Dada pulling the boys through the zoo
Dada helping Robin ride the carousel. The last time we went to the zoo and rode this, it was just me and the boys. I informed Robin that he had to stay put on his animal once I got him there, because I would have to be holding Liam in place the entire time. After which, Robin promptly chose the bench-seat peacock to ride. This time, though, with two adults, Robin was willing to ride an animal.
It wasn't long before Dean decided to just climb up behind him
I started out just holding onto Liam
...but after Dean climbed aboard, I figured I might as well climb up with Liam too
Look at that cute little guy!
Ohhh, THAT'S what he was up to!
Liam wasn't quite sure what to think of finger food
Until he figured out that he was supposed to put them in his mouth. Now he LOVES feeding himself, and protests if we don't have food on his tray frequently enough
Robin's been staying more on the pictures while coloring these days. This was from a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs craft. Some of it was Dean or I, but most of it was Robin.
Liam shows a lot of interest in faces lately. He likes grabbing them and putting his fingers into/on each different part. He gets a really big kick out of putting his fingers in our mouthes.
My mom was visiting us recently, and when she was getting ready to go she pretended she was going to take Liam with her. Robin started calling out "no, no!" Mom asked why not, and Robin said "It's our baby." It. He focuses a lot on pronouns these days, and Liam came out as an "it." Oh well. It was pretty funny. And I liked that Robin is taking some ownership of Liam. In fact, Robin's begun interacting with Liam a lot more lately, which I love seeing.
Other quirks of Robin's languague:
His Th sounds come out "Z"
He says "a" (or "ah") when he means "to." "Go a bed."
His language has really come a long way--I understand most of it now. However, I wish I could make up language as well as he does, because he often makes up words and whole phrases, often while giggling, because he recognizes the absurdity of it. I need that skill for my writing.
He pronounces silly "sis-zy" (now isn't that silly?)
1 comment:
Totally siszy! <3
Post a Comment