Slowly but steadily catching up with photos.
We reinflated the ball pit recently. We also made numerous attempts to plug a leak, until we finally found a glue that worked well on a seam. The boys now love having the balls out. Liam was a bit unsure the first time though.
Something all moms probably do at some point in time or another
We decided to take advantage of some of the nice weather by eating lunch at a park.
Dean did this with Robin when Robin was only weeks old. It was a bit harder with Liam this time around. Liam weighed in at about 18 pounds at his 9 month checkup.
After everybody had eaten, I took Liam on the tire swing
Liam liked his own swing much better, though
At another park, another day. Dean went down this slide with both boys
Liam likes slides
So does Robin. He likes to go to this "cowboy park" where this slide looks like a giant cowboy hat. It's a very fast slide. So fast, that Robin goes down on his tummy to feel more in control
Liam enjoyed it too
We went to the Museum with Dean's parents on St. Patrick's Day. This is the first time Robin wanted to try on the astronaut costume in the outer space play area.
Liam examining the "meteorites"
Liam and Grandpa playing with animals in the Children's Discovery Zone
In the Expedition Health kids area (the museum has a lot of kids areas...and with kids, we explore them!) they have a giant pin-board-thing (you know, those things that were all the rage for keeping on your desk at work several years ago, where you press something (your hand or face, for example) into it and the little pins hold the shape, making it look pixelated.) Anyway, this one was taller than the kids. We played with it a bit. Dean and I "kissed"
And we pressed Liam into it too
Then we let Liam play with his mould
At home that evening, I wanted to get a picture of the boys in St. Patrick's Day hats: Robin in the one he made, and Liam in the plastic one we have. Neither wanted to participate. These are the best I got, of Robin, wearing his own had sideways, trying to throw the plastic hat onto Liam's head.
Not the shot I'd been looking for, but then, this is more fun
Dad helped us cut into the space under our stairs to make a storage area. The boys like the new space
Did I mention a while back that Liam was taking the burp rag and trying to wipe my face with it? Well, if I didn't, I'm mentioning it now. I thought it was funny. He's not doing it so much anymore--now he just wants to put his fingers in my mouth. He's also blowing raspberries now. It's cute and fun--except when he does it with food in his mouth!
Robinisms:
He continues to pronounce "airplane" as "hair-plane"
He pronounces "fire engine" as "fire en-gee"
Robin likes to make up language. He does this quite frequently. He'll make up a word, use it in place of real words, and I'll tell him I don't know what that means. Then he'll tell me what it means, using another made-up word to define it. All this flows out so smoothly that I envy his language-creation skills. I've told him I'll be asking for his help if I ever need to make up a language for a story.
Sometimes, though, his made-up words will overlap with real words--usually ones he doesn't know. And sometimes they become inappropriate--or they would be if anyone else was listening. He's come up with "sometimes I call you 'homo'," and something similar with "booby." Ai yai yai.
No comments:
Post a Comment