Friday, December 16, 2011

Early December photos

Robin has discovered the fun of sleeping in the Thomas tent he got for Christmas last year.  He would do this every night if we let him (though we've made it into a special weekend-only thing.)

Have you ever been this tired?

Liam's got the Christmas spirit

Liam started solid foods on Dec 1st!!!  The first bite of rice cereal.

He didn't take to this quite as eagerly as I remember Robin doing.

My aunt and cousin came to visit for a weekend.  It was great to see them again.  Audra got to meet Liam (and see Robin for the first time in two years) before she disappears behind a veil of medical school for the next several years.

Aunt Jackie reading to both of my boys

Robin licking the beater when Ama made cookies

Liam really liked Audra's necklace

Happy baby

Robin building with Aunt Jackie

Liam with blonde hair
Three men in a boat, to say nothing of the dog

Avocado face

Even since I started penning this post, Liam has gotten much more enthusiastic about solid foods.  For the last few days, he's even finished everything we've set out for him!  He also tends to suck two fingers--the index and middle of his left hand--between bites.  I wonder if this is because he's used to sucking for his meals, so he's incorporated that into his routine for solids.

Another Robin-ism:  "hamburger" is now "handle-burger"

The holiday season has been somewhat overwhelming for Robin.  He's excited, naturally, but he's been acting out a lot more lately, and getting cranky more easily.  I'm looking forward to seeing him enjoy Christmas, but I'm also looking forward to a return to our (relatively) peaceful lives one the season is over.

Edited to add:  Liam L-O-V-E-S broccoli!
For all previous foods, he hasn't shown much animation.  He sucks his fingers between bites and I (or Dean) usually have to pull them out to give him another spoonful.  Last night, however, he pulled his own hand out of his mouth every time he saw one of us reach for his spoon and gave us a great big smile.

He finished this food fast, and started crying when I put the empty cup out of sight.  Well, far be it from me to deny a request for more veggies, even at this young age!  He fussed as I prepared it because he couldn't eat it NOW, and didn't calm down until he'd had about three more bites, reassuring him that yes, he was getting the good stuff again.  How about that?  Broccoli is a good vegetable to like.

1 comment:

Mom said...

To say nothing of the dog...great Connie Willis tie-in! Three cheers for broccoli: rah, rah, RAH!! Slurp!
xox