I got online to make an update, and it occurred to me that I hadn't blogged about our vacation to Avon last month, so here ya go!
It was a pretty restful vacation. Dean and I got a fair bit of writing done during Robin's naps, we caught up on several episodes of "Lost," and we spent a lot of time at playgrounds and swimming pools.
Robin really loves his Spiderman coat. He'd never worn it before this trip, but he often didn't want to take it off when we got inside, and would even point to it hanging up to request to wear it. We think that he might recognize Spiderman from some of the books he has.
At the Avon Rec Center. Robin really enjoys the water.
Click here for the other slide video I posted on Science Fiction Mommy.
This statue is in Beaver Creek, the ski resort uphill from Avon. The bear has an arrow sticking into his bum, and the child is hiding a bow behind his back.
Robin's not sure he wants to walk on the snow. For good reason, I suppose: after we wandered around for a little while and were heading back, he slipped and got his pants all wet.
This is the pool at our timeshare. The air was just a tad too chilly to be comfortable swimming outdoors. Then we came home, and it's like somebody flipped the switch to 80 and 90 degree weather. Hello, summer in Colorado!
Robin loved riding the luggage carts (that part of the video didn't focus, unfortunately) and he also learned how to use keycards. He also loved the doors in the condo, because they had lever-style handles, so he could open and close them to his heart's content! We had to put the security chain on the door at all times, to make sure Robin didn't escape from our unit.
Lifting weights in the gym. He's so strong!
At the prow of the pirate ship in Vail's pirate playground.
1 comment:
I see a resemblance to his daddy in the photo with Robin sitting on the side of the pool and Dean in the water....
Post a Comment