Photos will be forthcoming, look for them on another post within the next few weeks.
We saw our baby yesterday!!!!!!!!! It was really cool. Everything looks good and is growing at the right rate. We got to watch the heart beat--and they even did some cross section views so we watched the chambers of the heart as the blood pumped through. And the baby turned and wiggled and moved its arms for us. It was really amazing to see our baby like that.
One thing neither one of us was expecting was the 3-D view of the face. I hadn’t thought they’d be doing anything that detailed for a routine ultrasound, so we were surprised when the woman pulled out a different sensor and pressed a button and the screen said “loading 3-D image,” and after that we could see our baby’s face. That was really neat. They printed off quite a few pictures for us to keep.
They did think one kidney looked a little big, although they said that’s a pretty common thing and most of the time it slows down and matches the rest of the body before the baby is born. They’re going to do another ultrasound in 8 weeks to check on that.
For those who are wondering, we’re now at 20 weeks and they estimated the baby at 0.83 pounds. We’re halfway there!
1 comment:
This is way, too cool. I'll bet that I know what's posted on your refrigerator right now. Imagine being able to see your child's face before it's born. I know you didn't want to know whether it's a he or a she and so I won't ask. Glad that everybody is well and progressing nicely. Thanks for the post.
Aunt Catherine
Post a Comment