Here's a new vocabulary word for those who don't know it: the quickening. It refers to when a woman first feels her baby move. For me, it was actually the day of the ultrasound, while I was lying in bed that night. I wasn't sure at first, since it was just a gurgle or flutter and could've been gas, but when it kept happening over the next few days, I became sure. I'd probably been feeling it move for a week or two prior to that, but just didn't recognize it. Since that time, the baby has started moving quite a bit. I don't just feel it at night anymore, but also many other times when I stop moving: at my desk at work, on the couch while watching TV, etc. Occassionally even when I'm moving around. It's sometimes strong enough that Dean has been able to feel it, too. Zaxxon is on the move!
We began our first registry this past weekend. We'll post links once they're complete. So far we only made it through a fraction of Babies R Us before we had to take off and go to a friend's baby shower. We've got multiples of certain items until we decide which we actually want, so we've really only just begun.
We realize we still need to get ultrasound pics up. That should happen very soon.
Going to our friend's baby shower made me realize that we should probably get plans in motion for ours. I have some ideas, but I guess it's time to start putting things together.
In other news, Dean and I will be going to Rome in August. We discovered that we needed to use some hotel points this year and decided to take advantage of that to go somewhere exotic and different as a "babymoon." Should be fun!
Oh, and I was hoping that people would comment more on this blog, so if you have something to say, please share! Just remember to identify yourself in your comment.
1 comment:
Cool fetus name - ZAXXON!!!!!!!!! It was so AWESOME to see you and Dean in Kentucky!
Eileen, it was so exciting to see your Mom pregnant with you, and now I get to see you pregnant too!
Technology has come along way since your Mom was pregnant, and there is so much more to see on the ultrasounds than before! I love your blog site- since we don't get to see you both much - this is a great way to update us! Thanks
Post a Comment