Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Back at home, and how time flies

Where has the time gone?  I was going to post this a month ago.  Back at home after our trip, Robin was very eager to talk about Disney World.  A lot.  The day after we returned home, Robin announced that he wanted to make a map of where Mickey lives, so we did just that.  Here is Robin, I mean Mickey, talking about it.

Liam made a big step after we got home.  It was time to move him into his big boy carseat.

We could've done it before Disney, but we determined that his infant seat was easier to travel with (hoo boy, it's lighter) so we saved the transition until after we got home.  His final time sitting in the old seat.

Forward facing now!  He wasn't too sure about it for a while.  It was naptime when we finished this up, so he definitely wasn't sure of it on this day (the smile was tickled out of him, but he fussed a lot otherwise.)  After a few car rides, though, he got used to it and would probably protest if we spun him around again.  And the biggest bonus is that my passenger seat has leg room again!

Yeah, I don't think Dean will be able to ride between the boys anymore, not even for short rides

Robin made an elephant out of play dough

.

I posted the video a month ago, but here's a still shot of one of Liam's first forays across the open floor

Hi!  (He likes to smile for the camera now)

A couple random photos that Robin took again

.

.

Liam got his first real haircut at the end of July.

This was much sooner than Robin got his (at something like 20 months), but hey, I had the clippers out...

We bought a bike trailer at the end of July, so now I (or Dean) can tow Liam and let Robin ride much faster than when we had to walk with Liam in a stroller

It took a little getting used to, but now it's a nice way to ride around.

Of course, once Target finally had the trailer in stock, they were out of infant helmets.  It took a few weeks before we finally got one for Liam.  He didn't seem to mind.

Robin, of course, wasn't content with riding beside.  He wanted a ride in the trailer too.  (I think Liam liked it better when he had the trailer to himself)

I haven't reported much on kiddo progress that isn't documented on camera, so I'll mention a few things here.  Firstly, Liam is talking!  He says "Mama" and "Dada" of course, and sometimes he refers to me as "MoMEEE!" instead of "Mama."  I find it amusing that I've never referred to myself as such to him, yet he came up with Mommy on his own.  I may be known by a different name to each kid.  Go figure.  Liam also says "uh oh," "ball," "hi," and "bye" distinctly.  He also seems to say "this" and "that" while pointing, and even says something that sounds like a slurred "do you see it?" while pointing at things.  In fact, he does a lot of things that sound like slurred-together complete phrases.  We respond as though he said what it sounds like, though I'm not sure if that is his full intent or not.  I like to imagine that he's already trying to use complete sentences though!

In less happy news, I believe that Liam probably has asthma.  He started coughing a lot in the last two months, and I started to realize that it was worst on days that I was having asthma problems due to wildfire haze in the air.  We took him to see our allergy and asthma center, and he's too young to really diagnose yet, but they gave him albuterol and it helped.  They prescribed some for home too, and we've used it a good deal, first to clear up his lungs during that episode, and then with every cold since.  He may end up on a daily med to keep him level.  We don't know yet, but I'm starting to suspect that it'll happen.

I could add more things, but I'm ready for bed.  I'll just give more updates with the next post.  Enjoy!

No comments: