I felt really on top of things during the time leading up to Christmas. Perhaps it was all of the deadlines and things to do related to Christmas--often having other obligations makes one more efficient. At any rate, I was keeping up with photos, writing, blogging, etc on a daily basis. Then I relaxed after Christmas and just haven't been in as much of a mood lately. Because Christmas is such a family-event-oriented time, and I take photos during such events, I'm already behind on photos and blogging. But we'll see if I can catch up and keep up.
Here's a cute one my Aunt Jackie took during her visit in early December. Love smooching the baby!!!
A nice family photo
My grandmother and my aunt both arrived for a visit a few days before Christmas.
"Open it. It's a train." *sigh* "Robin, you're not supposed to tell people what's inside the present." (This was a train magnet, with a picture of Robin and Liam inside. Robin helped me make them so he could give everyone gifts of his own.)
Del's birthday is a few days before Christmas, and Dean's family came over to celebrate it on Christmas eve. We didn't give him the suitcase, but Robin sure enjoyed pulling it around the house for him.
I delivered some Christmas cookies to the neighbors and thought I'd take a picture at my attempt at artistic food arrangements.
All of our combined Christmas loot. Is there enough here, do you think?
Here's what our house looked like the day after Christmas, before all the toys had found new homes. What a mess.
Dean promised Robin he would sleep in his bed once, which he did a few days after Christmas. I couldn't help but sneak in and take a picture after they both fell asleep.
We went out to Cinzetti's for dinner while my uncle and grandmother were still in town
Liam with his great uncle
Both the boys are wearing their new shirts from Great Aunt Catherine. Robin's says "Liam's Brother" and Liam's says "Robin's brother." However, I didn't think about white shirts and italian food. Oops. Thank goodness for spot treatment.
Liam with Great Nana and Great Uncle John
Liam riding on Dada
The basement got set up in a very elaborate manner, with an airport at one end, a town with roads in the middle, and the train yards at the other end.
Let the fun commence!
What a way to end the year--both boys being read to by Grammy and Grandpa!
Some Robin-isms for your enjoyment:
He calls steering wheels "turning wheels"
He ends questions with "is." For example: "Where Dada is?"
When Robin likes something a lot, he'll say he likes it "every day!" And when he enjoys someone's company he'll say he wants them to stay "all week!"
That's it for 2011! Time to move on to pictures from the new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment