We gave Robin his first haricut today! His hair took a long time before it started growing. It took 22 months to go from this:
to this:
(Hard to believe he's the same boy, isn't it?)
We've been commenting that he needed a haircut for months now, and finally decided to do it. There was much deliberation about whether to do it ourselves or pay someone. In the end, we decided to give it a shot.
Getting ready
Our complete setup. Robin got to watch videos of himself on Mommy's laptop to keep him occupied.
"Eek! Mama??!! What are you doing???"
Snip!
Daddy taking a turn at making things even.
So here's the end result. I think we did pretty good on the back:
and on the sides:
And now for the front:
D'oh! He looks like a monk. Somehow "the bangs should be about here" turned into them becoming way too high. It would've been better to keep them about the level as the hair above the ears, but... Alas. At least it will always grow back. Perhaps in two months, at his birthday, he won't look quite so crazy. Which lesson did we learn? To cut his bangs longer next time, or to pay somebody else to do it? Only time will tell. What do you think?
Robin's hair. Yes, I've kept some for the baby book. (The papers are actually keepsake envelopes.)
3 comments:
I started cutting my own bangs as soon as I could get the scissors away from my mom for just that reason. (Try taping them down, then cut at least 1/2 inch longer than you want them - you can always trim off more.) Robin looks very good in his new do!
Don't worry about it being too short, they'll grow back fast!! If I got to vote, I would say try doing it again at home before going to the expense of having someone else do it :)
Nate will be getting his first hair cut soon too, but only because it's so darn thick!
Good idea for keeping him sitting still. He loves the movies!
Post a Comment