Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Halloween and snow


Zoiks!  It's the Scooby Gang!  We decided to wear matching costumes this Halloween, and we let Robin choose between the Scooby Doo and Yoda costumes.  Obviously, he chose Scooby, so Dean became Shaggy and Eileen, Daphne.  I love this photo.  Robin's expression is perfect.



Robin's first Trick-or-Treat, from our next door neighbor.  The night was almost warm, which was really weird considering we'd gotten 19 inches of snow two days before.  If I hadn't had a cold, I probably would have taken off my coat.


He got quite a bit of candy, considering that we only went up and down our street and probably only one out of every three houses were even open for business.  But everybody gave out handfuls, probably because we don't get many kids in this neighborhood.  Of course, he can't eat most of it himself.  Oh darn.


His first piece of Halloween candy.  He'd gnawed half the wrapper off by the time we got home.


Confronting my jack-o-lantern.  Robin dealt with it okay, as long as he had a good grip on Daddy to morally support him.


Reproducing the photos from last Halloween.  Robin takes up a lot more space in the cauldron than he used to.





And here's the snow from before Halloween.  This is the first time Robin has been able to explore snow.  I didn't have any snowpants for him, so I wrapped plastic bags around his legs.  I think he was a bit uncomfortable because he had trouble moving.  And he got cold pretty fast.  I made the mistake on day 1 of the blizzard to attempt to shovel while he played.  Even though I moved us inside slightly after he started fussing, he was hysterical by the time I'd finished unwrapping him, and he didn't settle down until I'd warmed him back up with a bath.  On day 2, I knew better and took him inside at the first sign of a fuss.


19 inches of snow, 29 inches of Robin




1 comment:

Grandma Sue said...

Wow, at this rate Robin will not fit in the cauldron next year. What a difference a year makes! He made Scooby-do look real cute. I would have loved to have been there to watch him experience snow for the first time. Love, Mom xox