Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Off we're gonna shuffle, Shuffle off to Buffalo!

Yes! Our trip. I'm just now getting photos sorted.

As I mentioned earlier, my mom's aunt went to a consignment store and picked up a pack-n-play for us, since there was nowhere to rent one nearby. So we stopped at their house before heading to Nana's, for some visiting and to pick it up. Robin got to meet some Great-Great-Aunts and an Uncle. Here is Bob, Doris, and Lorraine, with Robin (of course!)
Snuggling with Great Nana



Robin was a bit perplexed by the glass-topped coffee table.




Our biggest outing of the vacation was Robin's first visit to Niagara Falls. We saw lots of water. Lots and lots of water. Robin was rather mesmerized by all of the water.



















Robin sees the bird







Hanging out and having fun













We all had breakfast together at the table, even Robin! Cereal-breaded french toast--ah, the decadence of vacation!












My Aunt Jackie flew out and stopped by while we were in Buffalo. She came out because my cousin Gretchen had a piano recital the last day of our vacation, and she wanted to see it.

Robin wants YOU!

Then on the last day, we all trucked down to Westfield (a little less than an hour-and-a-half away) to see the recital, and the family.

Gretchen is now at Interlocken (sp?), which is a school of music in Michigan, for her senior year of high school. It sounds like after studying there, she ought to have a clear shot at the college of her choice. And well she deserves it, she was really good!

Robin is learning to play the piano too!

Robin with his Great Uncle Matt

Robin with his Great Aunt Darlene

Four generations again. He's grown a lot since the last time we did this!

Lastly, and most entertaining, Robin learned to dance while we were gone. It's really cute! Usually I find these kinds of toys cloying, but I was getting a kick out of Robin's entertainment. (Please don't cringe too much, Aunt Catherine, I've heard you hate this chicken.)

Thanks again, Nana, for having us and for the wonderful visit! We all miss you!

3 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

It was so much fun to share a vacation with the three of you. Seven straight days of watching Robin explore his world. The piano video was cute. And hopefully, A. Catherine won't cringe too much over the squawky chicken.

Grammy Cyndy said...

Robin's all ready for Oktoberfest and the chicken dance there!

Aunt Catherine said...

Eileen, I thought I got a comment posted here ages ago, but -- it's not here! Squawk! (grin)

Thanks for the wonderful photos of your trip to WNY.
Yes, indeedy, I do hate that chicken; Sue will tell you I hurled it out the front door on one memorable occasion. However, if it makes Robin happy I'll grit my teeth, or try to. And thanks for helping your Nana while you were visiting. It means a lot.